Purple Martin Square or Round Pole Predator Guards
Protect your Purple Martin colony!
Predators are everywhere. Whether a martin colony is located on a public park, at a school, or in your own backyard, Purple Martins are vulnerable to aerial predators such as hawks and owls, and ground predators such as raccoons, snakes, and squirrels.
Ravenox Pole Guards will ward off climbing predators and work for round poles and square poles. Also called predator baffles, pole guards help prevent raccoons or snakes from climbing up the pole. No matter if your pole is 12 or 20 ft tall, round or square, metal or wood, it can easily be climbed by snakes or raccoons.
The predator guard is 24-inches long with a 7 ½-inch diameter. The guard installs around the pole, so there is no need to remove the house.
This predator guard is designed for use on any 2 inch square pole that uses a rope and pulley. There are two styles to choose from: Square for 2 inch square poles and Round which fits round poles in sizes 3/4 inch to 2-3/8 inch outside diameter.
Easy Assembly and Made in the USA.
Protect Your Purple Martin Colony from Raccoons, Snakes, and Squirrels
There are a number of different kinds of predators that will prey on Purple Martins from both the ground and air. Knowing how to prevent these predators from invading your colony will ensure years of returning martins.
The best time to protect your Purple Martins is before there is a problem. Having predator guards in place will help prevent predators from attacking your martins - guards should be installed on ALL active housing.
Make sure your Purple Martin colony is located in a clear area, away from any tall trees. Larger cavities will allow martins to build their nests further from the entrance, and out of a predators reach.
Make sure there are no wires leading from the ground or a building to the martin housing and keep the ground below the housing cleared of any tall vegetation in which predators could hide.
Predator Guards Save Purple Martins
Keep climbing snakes and raccoons away from your nesting martins with this included predator guard. The predator guard is 24-inches long with a 7 ½-inch diameter. The guard installs around the pole, so there is no need to remove the house.
Key Product Features:
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND DURABLE PREDATOR GUARD: The durable materials make for long-lasting use over multiple seasons. Climbing predators such as raccoons and snakes can access gourds and threaten nesting birds. Pole guards can be attached to both round and square poles to prevent predators from climbing up poles.
- BIRD HOUSES FOR OUTSIDE INSTALLATION: Simple and easy installation without removing the birdhouse to mount. The predator guard securely attaches around an existing pole for minimal disturbance and maximum protection. No need for heavy duty dismantling or re-assemble work.
- ROUND PURPLE MARTIN PREDATOR GUARD: Ravenox Gourds are constructed to protect birds from aerial threats with deep cavities. Narrow access holes don’t protect against terrestrial threats. Keep your bird houses safe from predators with a premium Round Pole Ravenox Guards. Prevent climbing by a host of animals, pets, reptiles and snakes.
- BIRDHOUSES FOR OUTDOORS BY RAVENOX: We have premium purple martin bird feeder poles to fit square and round applications. Designed for use on any 2-inch square pole that uses a rope and pulley. This aluminum pole guard is 24-inches long with a 7 ½-inch diameter.
- BIRD FEEDER POLES RISK-FREE: We are a USA, CERTIFIED, Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Woman-Led business that offers a one-year, money-back guarantee on all birds choice Purple Martin house purchases.